NOVEMBER 1, 2019
more details to come...
WINNETKA THRIFT SHOP HISTORY
Initially established in 1912 by Mary Garretson as the Clothing Sales Committee of the Relief & Aid Society, the Thrift Shop was intended to be a source of affordable clothing for people in need in Winnetka, as well as an outlet for charitable donations that could directly benefit the local community.
After initially operating out of the Winnetka Village Hall and then the Winnetka Community House, the Thrift Shop was moved to its current location on Green Bay Road in 1973.