So there I was settling into a lengthy night of Netflix British Crime Drama when she popped up.
Oh, you know her. She’s everywhere, yet she could fit in the palm of your hand!
Whom am I speaking of? The one and only Marie Kondo.
And yes, before you ask, I did binge ALL the episodes.
But then I sat back and thought, ‘do I really need to embrace this movement?’
This little stewing session lasted approximately 30 minutes after watching the last episode when I casually retreated to my sleeping quarters and tripped over a basket of laundry…need I say more?
In an effort to help you decide if you too should embrace the movement, I developed this checklist.
I think if you answer yes to more than one point you should hop on the bandwagon. Just say'n.
- Does your Tupperware drawer have more lids than bottoms (or vice versa)?
- Has your family nominated you for the next episode of Buried Alive?
- Do you have at least one Monica closet? You Friends fans know what I’m talking about.
- Do you have doubles (and maybe even triples!) of photos shoved in boxes?
- Does your house look like the wasps and monkeys scene from Jumanji?
- Is your sock drawer all onesies?
- Do you identify WAY too much with anyone in any Episode of “Tidying Up ”…..
To this end I have been cleaning out closets and drawers and cabinets…
and what have I learned …?
- I should thank my clothes for letting me wear them, but really those culottes from 2006 should be
thanking me for NOT wearing them….check
- I should fold my clothes into something that resembles a rectangle…check
- I should only keep things that bring me joy…check
- I’ve also learned that I’m so much like the mom character in the “Downsizing” episode of Tidying Up
that my name should be Katrina not Kat…I have lots of work to do here, check, check.
And now for the good stuff...how can the Winnetka Thrift Shop help you?
If you are knee deep in the KonMari process, our donation doors are open and happy to accept all the things that no longer bring you joy.
We also have items in the store to help you organize
Like, hangers….and boxes…a Marie Kondo must...
We even have a dresser that is simply beautiful and could hold a lot of things that bring you joy…
We have organizers and hooks to hang things up – come in and see what we have to help you on your magical journey of Tidying Up.
992 Green Bay Rd
Winnetka, IL 60093
Monday - Saturday: 10 AM - 5 PM
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday:
10 AM - 4 PM
Saturday: 10 AM - 3 PM
(no donations accepted on Wednesdays)